• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Final Fantasy IX Ballad Trumpet Solo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackAmateur

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy IX Ballad Trumpet Solo Reply with quote

As a lover of commercial trumpeting and soundtrack music, I've transcribed, arranged, recorded, and produced a new performance for you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVtAjr78pI8

It's the 'Village of Dali' theme, a gorgeous ballad composition from the video game Final Fantasy IX, originally composed by Nobuo Uematsu.

For the first "verse", I use my regular Schilke 15 mouthpiece. Beyond that, I use my Bob Reeves commercial mouthpiece for the rest of the song.

For people on a mouthpiece journey, just know that the first verse of this composition, I'm using a literal middle-of-the-road orchestral mouthpiece. Yes, timbre is different between mouthpieces, but the PLAYER is most important.

P.S. For the "high note" lovers, I do play a High F# towards the end, articulated with single tongue "tu".

-Bach Strad 180 series 37
-Schilke 15
-Bob Reeves s692s w/ custom rim
GeorgeB
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well played. A nice piece of music but too rangy for me. Only on a super good day can I get anything beyond a D over high C. You do quite well above the staff and the notes are nicely slotted.
1938-39 Olds Recording
1942 Buescher 400 Bb trumpet
1952 Selmer Paris 21 B
1999 Conn Vintage One B flat trumpet
2020 Getzen 490 Bb
1962 Conn Victor 5A cornet
HackAmateur

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgeB wrote:
Well played. A nice piece of music but too rangy for me. Only on a super good day can I get anything beyond a D over high C. You do quite well above the staff and the notes are nicely slotted.

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. I'll be uploading a lot more of these soundtrack music 'trumpet solo version' tunes in the future when I have the time.

The original version of this composition, from the video game, doesn't do an 8va on the last section. I put the 8va into my arrangement just because it was fun to play it that way.

Technically, if you trouble with high notes, you could play this same piece without doing the 8va in the last section. That was all me just putting it into the arrangement that way for fun.

-Bach Strad 180 series 37
-Schilke 15
-Bob Reeves s692s w/ custom rim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: