• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

CG Personal Mouthpiece

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homebilly wrote:

as i recall the non S versions were also made to match the CG Benge Receiver and not just Claude's Meha

Yes, because I think the Benge CG (or at least the early ones) came with a French Taper mouthpiece receiver.
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBjazz wrote:
Why you got 5? I just got a Marc CG personal. The ID is too small for me. I'm thinking I want a CG3 rim on a CG7 cup. Would that me a huge thing?

Eb

I'm pretty sure the Marcinkiewicz CG Personal has an inner diameter that is identical to a CG3 (both the Kanstul and the Marcinkiewicz CG3). Basically, Joe made the CG Personal diameter a little bigger when he created the CGP so his CGP and CG3 would have identical cup diameters and rims.
Trumpetingbynurture
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i had the Marcink CGP and Kanstul CG3 simultaneous for a while and I remember feeling that the CG3 felt a lot bigger.
The inner diameter of the Marcinks as best as I can tell is between a 3 and a 7 depending on where your lips stop on the rim.

Ive since sold the CG3 so I can only work from memory here but I believe that the Marcinks split the difference between the CG3 and the CGP to get their new diameter. The kanstul cg3 was I think a 3 size in the Mount Vernon sizing, rather than a modern 3. Which is to say it was heading towards 1 1/5 C territory I thought
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I now have a Marc. CGP 22 and I have to say I like it after playing on it for a week or so. I do feel like it could have a larger ID, so I am in touch with Marc. about doing a custom. Will try to keep this thread updated.

Eb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Richard Hughes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: C G PERSONAL Reply with quote

No longer playing trumpet. Have 3 C G PERSONAL… T, C and FL. I have to make one post before I can list for sale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: