• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

J. Paraduba Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:05 pm    Post subject: J. Paraduba Trumpet Reply with quote

Hi, I'm brand new here. I have a very old J. Parduba trumpet that I am seeking information on. This seems to be very rare according to all the research I've done. it reads this down the front of the bell:
IDEAL
EXTRA
SPECIAL
HAND MADE
JP
J. Parduba & Sons
MAKERS
NEW YORK
Anybody that could provide any info. I would sure appreciate it. Actually I am wanting to put it up for sale and would also like to know what it might be worth approximately. It is in pretty nice condition with what appears to be an original case. The horn has a definite patina that I'm thinking would be a bad idea to polish out. I does have one dent in it's small slide. Thanks, Jim
jrpbrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:05 am    Post subject: Parduba Trumpet Reply with quote

The Parduba trumpets are very rare and no one has done research on them that I have found. I am responding to this post in hopes that other owners out there can add information about theirs that I can put together on my BrassHistory.net website.

I recently purchased #7548 which is marked "Supratone Extra Special". Once I receive it and do some restoration work, I will post it on my website. It's marked "EL" on the second valve so possibly "Extra Large"?

The earliest one I have seen uses Blessing valves with the 1910 patent date on them and probably dates to the 1920s. The earliest date I have found in advertising is from November of 1926 and the last from June of 1941. The 1941 article in "The International Musician" states that Parduba specializes in trumpets and cornets [I have never seen a cornet.]. A later ad from the 1960s just states that the trumpets were dropped once the demand for mouthpieces increased.

Most examples found have four-digit serial numbers starting with "75". Once I learn more, I will add this information to what I already have for that maker on my website.[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: