• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

NOW - my latest video!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick janczak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: NOW - my latest video! Reply with quote

This is number 48 in an ongoing collaboration between myself and visual artist/filmmaker L.P. Ponor and features guest musician Igen (a Croatian ambient musician and producer).

https://youtu.be/p2pkgv60uLo
Grits Burgh
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done.

Thanks for posting.

Warm regards,
Grits
King Master Bb Cornet (1945)
B&S 3145 Challenger I Series Flugelhorn
Life is short; buy every horn you want and die happy.
nick janczak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Grits,

Thank you for your positive response and even any kind of response! Usually when I post one of my films here, it's like tumbleweeds blowing across an empty space...
Grits Burgh
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that people on this forum are looking for a more "trumpet" sound. Your video highlighted music more than the instrument. I thought that the video was very well done. It could easily be a sound track for a high end Hollywood movie - uh, that's meant as a compliment.

Warm regards,
Grits
King Master Bb Cornet (1945)
B&S 3145 Challenger I Series Flugelhorn
Life is short; buy every horn you want and die happy.
nick janczak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Grits,

That's actually very well observed! Thank you! It's about a whole thing, in its entirety. While I'm trying from my end of the collaboration to do something different and less predictable, it's not about me or my ''sound'' it is about creating something coherent and captivating.
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick janczak wrote:
Hey Grits,

That's actually very well observed! Thank you! It's about a whole thing, in its entirety. While I'm trying from my end of the collaboration to do something different and less predictable, it's not about me or my ''sound'' it is about creating something coherent and captivating.

A very well respected trumpet player said;
“You can play to impress or play to involve” ( paraphrased ) “ what do you want to do?” A place for both, but involvement is most important IMO. Thanks.
Rod
nick janczak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rod,

Thanks for engaging in my post. Yes, exactly! As I've learnt from the better bands I've been involved in, over the years and talking to fellow musicians whose opinions counted for something (to me anyway) I've always understood/taken the line that the music was everything and my ego counted for very little. A compliment paid to a drummer (by a very talented musician I once knew) that really describes this, goes like - ''he's an amazing drummer because he's 'completely song-sensed''' which I've always taken to mean that the song came first, before any unnecessary noodling, showing-off, showboating and playing to the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: