• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

5A +ALS11= Gold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve0930
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: 5A +ALS11= Gold Reply with quote

Hello fellow BE Explorers and Jeff,

I am now 500 days in to the BE adventure and loving it. In June 2020 I wrote on the BE forum that my target is " make an E in the staff feel as easy as a C in the staff" gosh - did I write that? I can now see the day when c above the staff will be just another easy note all the time, cos right now it's already on occasions feeling super easy..(when that happens I usually take a break / stop playing cos I don't want to spoil the feeling of elation!)

2 days ago I got my 5A lip slurs as fast as the cd. I think I should have focused on achieving this objective earlier - maybe my mistake was until now I had been focusing on just getting them done in 1 breath and found it hard.. now when I just focus on the speed using the metronome I don't have to think about the air.. I also found with a mute I could do them even faster and this helped me mentally.

I then found if I followed 5A with ALS 11 and then went to playing music notes above the staff were feeling really good. In ALS 11 my lip trills were a bit all over the place but I was either hitting or overstepping the mark - something tells me that the better I can trill the easier I will play above the staff.

I don't pretend to understand the mechanics of it all - and of course with BE you don't need to - but is it possible that the combination of 5A and ALS11 is a good way to enable lips, what ever it is that happens at the back of the throat, jaw, and face muscles to improve their coordination and achieve The Balanced Embouchure - hence the easy notes flying out above the staff. .

The adventure continues, good luck.

Cheers Steve - in Helsinki.
trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

The exercises you mention, when played easily, are indicators that your tongue position is improving.

Good to hear!

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: