• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Question for a true "Chase" fan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject: Question for a true "Chase" fan Reply with quote

I know this is a stretch but does anyone have a complete or even partial list of the venues and dates of performances by Chase?

I know the time frame of Chase was before things like this were commonplace. I'm hoping someone might have put something together from their own interest or maybe know of a DMA paper on Chase.

I've tried internet search but have come up with very little. Some of the TV appearances on YouTube is about it.

Thanks and sure would appreciate any help.

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146827&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER--

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject: Question for a true Chase fan..... Reply with quote

Like you. I spent some time looking for stuff like you have requested and didn't find much. I loved Chase and had two albums that I just about wore through on the turntable. I have what I think is the very sad distinction of having a ticket to see him at the Jackson Co. fair grounds on the day he was killed in the air crash. I was living 28 miles away in Worthington, Mn. and was clued into the concert by the municipal band director. They sold general admission tickets and
I picked one up at the local music store. I had a great plan as an aunt had a small cafe adjacent to the fair grounds and I was going to get a sandwich and go hear one of my trumpet idols. Sadly, it never happened. Somehow my dad heard the news before me. I felt like Chase was starting a fusion-rock sound that was hard driving and wonderful. Good Luck on your search, I would love reading the whens and wheres of his touring!!
Hipster
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to ask Tony Scodwell if he know the contact information for Alan Ware who was with Chase for all 3 albums and did much of their bookings etc.
Legitbrass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted this some time ago; possibly of some relevance.

Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:35

I'll assume you aficionados are familiar with this 178-page Rutgers graduate thesis from 2014 regarding the life of Chase. I apologize if this has been previously posted.

https://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/43839/PDF/1/play/

I don't know the exact timing itinerary-wise, but I was fortunate enough to see one of Bill's final concerts. I know he had another engagement in Houston (final concert) after the one I attended as a guest of Ron Modell (NIU). Ron knew Bill and invited me to meet him at Rockford College in late summer of '74. I was entering my senior year of HS that Fall. After the concert I got to meet and chat with Bill, hold his horn, hear about and see his custom bracing, put my hand on the horn as he played to DHC and beyond to demonstrate the extreme vibrations and the need for such bracing, etc. I was astounded by his ability to launch back into the stratosphere following a full show & encores. He was cordial, engaging and patient. He signed some stuff for me and I suspect it's among the final collection of his signatures.
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legitbrass wrote:
I'll assume you aficionados are familiar with this 178-page Rutgers graduate thesis from 2014 regarding the life of Chase. I apologize if this has been previously posted.

https://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/43839/PDF/1/play/

No, this hasn't been posted before and I really appreciate you doing just that!

I'll read it over the weekend.

Thank you, Sir!

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146827&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER--

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: