• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Who has used the FlowStick?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironrabbit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject: Who has used the FlowStick? Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/AYpmwgdS6no

Thoughts?
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Who has used the FlowStick? Reply with quote

ironrabbit wrote:
https://youtu.be/AYpmwgdS6no

Thoughts?

What brands of flavors of vape juice works with it.

Being serious now, I don’t see a use for it. Others might feel differently.
Jon Kaplan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK this is an interesting one.

I completely believe in using air patterns like this to observe the continuity of the air column through slurs, intervals, and articulations. I do this all the time, and Mark Hughes taught me to do it by blowing into the mouthpiece turned around (lips around the shank end) which actually resembles the real flow rate of the air through your mouthpiece.

The flowstick seems like an improvement on this in several ways -
1. the screw can adjust the air resistance to match the kind of equipment you play
2. You get the neural connection of physically holding the instrument and moving the valves direct conjunction with the air pattern

But then... you also have to remember to bring it with you when you want to use it - which isn't a big deal but it's a thing. It reminds me a bit of the Brass Buzzer/BERP in the sense that many people probably would rather just buzz the mouthpiece in their hand instead of having to remember to bring one of those along to buzz... but both the flowstick and those buzzing aids in my opinion can help strengthen the effectiveness of those practicing techniques.

Is it NEEDED? No, but we're in the other toys category this website so probably many of the products mentioned here would be considered the same. Might have to check it out sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: