• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Book of Solos - Trumpet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Kaplan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Book of Solos - Trumpet Reply with quote

Hello Trumpetherald!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24RUMsOiyMo&t

Check out my FIRST VIDEO on my new YouTube channel, Jon Talks Trumpet! In this video I unbox and give my first impressions on this epic new book, the Book of Solos for Trumpet, edited by Micah Wilkinson. 30 of the best solos for trumpet for only $36. I will be releasing videos weekly, so stay tuned for more! 🙂
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Nice upbeat review.
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Video! Thanks for making us aware of this book! Might have to pick that up.

This would have been a godsend when I was in school. I can't even imagine....
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Sinuk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject: Very Nice Reply with quote

Well done. Positive, enthusiastic, clean clear diction, appropriate sound levels, relevant graphics, concise informative script, good camera angle for the product and you. Good scene order and editing. You might consider controlling for reverb/echoing of your voice, it was a little distracting. The background was okay, lighting appropriate for the subject. Enjoyed your review and am interested in your next review.

That knife was a nice touch.

And, I am interested in the book. When I look at my pile(s) and I look at the bound book...
Jon Kaplan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Very Nice Reply with quote

Sinuk wrote:
Well done. Positive, enthusiastic, clean clear diction, appropriate sound levels, relevant graphics, concise informative script, good camera angle for the product and you. Good scene order and editing. You might consider controlling for reverb/echoing of your voice, it was a little distracting. The background was okay, lighting appropriate for the subject. Enjoyed your review and am interested in your next review.

That knife was a nice touch.

And, I am interested in the book. When I look at my pile(s) and I look at the bound book...

Thank you so much for your feedback, very glad you enjoyed the video! Each week I try to improve a little bit at the video making process and also felt the room sound was distracting during that first video. This was due to me using the internal iPhone microphone. For more recent videos I learned how to control the sound better, using blankets and of course a higher quality microphone (nothing too fancy, a Zoom H2) plugged into in my iPhone using a USB dongle. Feel free to check out the more recent content on my channel (Jon Talks Trumpet), including videos about trumpet customizations and other product reviews/comparisons.
Frank Bronte

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Book of Solos - Trumpet Reply with quote

Jon Kaplan wrote:
Hello Trumpetherald!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24RUMsOiyMo&t

Check out my FIRST VIDEO on my new YouTube channel, Jon Talks Trumpet! In this video I unbox and give my first impressions on this epic new book, the Book of Solos for Trumpet, edited by Micah Wilkinson. 30 of the best solos for trumpet for only $36. I will be releasing videos weekly, so stay tuned for more! 🙂

Please appreciate my heartfelt gratitude. Despite the fact that I adore reading, I loathe writing papers for school on the subjects I am interested in. Most of the time, I use the services of a writing company, but before I investigate them by reading reviews (such as this one - https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/evolutionwriters/ ) and asking questions to them. This will assist me in making an informed selection and avoiding costly mistakes in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: