• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Abblasen (Gottfried Reiche)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACAdam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject: Abblasen (Gottfried Reiche) Reply with quote

My first video on you tube

I had a break of 12 years (2006 to 2018). Now, after three years of building a brand new embouchure I'm able to play again

The video was recorded with an iPhone only and no additional microphones.

Link
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject: Fine playing Reply with quote

You sounded fine and keep going.

I had a great experience recently in Leipzig I'd like to relay. In the local city museum there I mentioned to the curator that I was a trumpet player. She said I should go into this particular room and see this display. When I got there I was amazed to see the original painting of Reiche that has been re-produced so many times over the years and in a display case next to the painting was a re-creation of his famous instrument he is holding in the painting along with his score of the famous fanfare he composed. The original instrument was lost long ago hence this re-creation.

To top off this visit, we were to hear a concert in J.S. Bach's church that night with Ludvig Guttler playing a trumpet and organ program in the church's balcony. I owned a few of his recordings that were available during the East German years but he had all of his recordings available that night and was signing them after the concert. Of course I took advantage of this and waited in line for his autograph. When it was my turn I said in my best German, "Ich spieled erste trompette mit Harry James". Forgive my non-command of the German language but Herr Guttler looked up at me and gave me a big smile.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool is that. Living history.

When I lived in Germany, I was immediately struck that, in the U.S., European history was something I read about. In Germany, it was all around me.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
ACAdam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you Americans were in Germany? I thought it was just the other way around. Germans like to go to the US to visit all the great places (cities, national parks, highways and so on).

Leipzig: I'm not from East Germany, but of course I've been to Leipzig many times and also to Dresden. Ludwig Güttler is well known all over Germany

What was the reason for the stay in Germany?
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Germany visit Reply with quote

Having lived in Germany while playing with the WDR Big Band and in Munich with Max Greger, I feel very comfortable there. We fly into Frankfurt direct from Las Vegas on Condor and use Frankfurt for our base. This time we were taking the train to Prague.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
ACAdam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Germany visit Reply with quote

Tony Scodwell wrote:
Having lived in Germany while playing with the WDR Big Band and in Munich with Max Greger, I feel very comfortable there. We fly into Frankfurt direct from Las Vegas on Condor and use Frankfurt for our base. This time we were taking the train to Prague.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com

Wow, WDR Big Band and Max Greger, two very famous names in Germany!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: