• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Some questions about soundproofing

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkD

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an older thread but I thought I would share this website which has information and soundproofing products:

https://800nonoise.com/

Years ago I called them and was able to speak with an engineer who gave me lots of info about soundproofing.

Some of my friends on woodworking forums have said that placing acoustical ceiling tiles on the walls of their garage shops has reduced the volume of machinery noise getting into their homes.
MagyarQ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject: Quick, cheap, and easy sound proofing solutions Reply with quote

Quick fix on the road back stage: I made a box out of large, square, thick, seat cushions, and practiced full throttle while folks around me conversed. I put it up high so I could stand while playing. I'd send a photo but I don't see the upload or attach option.
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally settled on Melamine sound absorption panels for both my practice room and the stairwell. They are pretty good a reducing the echo, which in turn further reduces how far the sound travels. They're also flame retardent unlike some cheaper foam options, and they work specifically well in the sound spectrum that caused the most hinderance (600hz and above). Combined with some cheap but visually pleasing carpeting, the music room's pretty much done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: