• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Funniest Thing I've seen on Ebay in a long time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robcs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Funniest Thing I've seen on Ebay in a long time Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324820144183

Who knew that, in the aftermath of WW2, the British Army was so hard up that, instead of rolling out their silver B&H valved fanfare trumpets for the coronation, they used some cheap Indian knock-off posthorns like you'd normally find hanging above a pub fireplace.

I've got to say, the price is a bit steep. I wouldn't pay more than GBP 374.99 for this fine historic piece
Flgh: Jupiter 846RL
WX5 just because

Last edited by robcs on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Funniest Thing I've seen on Ebay in a long time Reply with quote

robcs wrote:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324820144183

Who knew that, in the aftermath of WW2, the British Army was so hard up that, instead of rolling out their silver B&H valved fanfare trumpets for the coronation, they used some cheap Indian knock-off posthorns like you'd normally find hanging above a pub fireplace.

I've got to say, the price is a bit steep. I wouldn't pay more than GPB 374.99 for this fine historic piece

Maybe it was used in the crowd like a vuvuzela. Remember they didn’t have the same types of plastic back then.
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Funniest Thing I've seen on Ebay in a long time Reply with quote

robcs wrote:

Or in the clearance section at Pier 1 Imports.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: