• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bags of Spain triple

View previous topic :: View next topic  
breden

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Bags of Spain triple Reply with quote

Hello - just wondering if anyone here has experience with a Bags of Spain or Musical Bags triple trumpet case? I know they are the same case as the Stomvi Quad, but looking to see if the triple will fit a B flat and small wrap flugel. I like the smaller size of the triple, not sure if those would fit. I also like the fact that this case is hard sided and doesn't stack the horns. Any other case suggestions for a hard side triple, but compact would be helpful. The triple Bonna case seems much bigger profile. Anyone out there own a triple and use it much? The quad seems like a popular choice.
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a quad in glossy black from The Horn Guys about three years ago, and it's one of my favorite cases. I'm not finding them on that website now, so I presume that they are no longer a distributor. This case, however, tends to show scuffs and scratches easily, but I have touched up the scuffs with the same product that you can get to "rub and fill in scratches" on your car paint. If I were to buy again, I'd just soon avoid the hassle and buy a Basic Fusion in Black or White to avoid the scuffs and scratches being so easily seen.

https://musical-bags.com/en/product/71-4-trumpets-case-basic-fusion-black/

The newer quad they offer has dividers that rise higher in the case than the one I have, which is definitely an improvement. I think they are excellent cases. I get why you'd want the smaller profile of a triple, but the quad is deceptively compact. More than one other brass player has commented on how it doesn't look like it would be a quad case when it's closed. You can easily lay your flugel down and still have room for your Bb or C tpt in another slot. You could also add your own padding (towel, thick rag) to tote mutes (or another horn) on top of your flugel...not that you would want to do that, but it would be an option.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked all over the web site for pricing. Can anyone tell me what a single-trumpet case cost? Thanks.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: