• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Need help identifying this video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumptrevol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject: Need help identifying this video Reply with quote

I forgot the title of this YouTube video so I’m going to try and provide as much details as possible.

It’s generally about the making/picking and choosing of instruments (I think from a brass quintet). I remember seeing a trumpet player have a variety of mouthpieces layed out and him playing a bit and commentary detailing why he has so many. I also remember there was a horn maker (I think from chicago) showing us his horn making area and detailing all his equipment and expressing how each is handmade specifically for the player and how it being handmade he can tune in a fine tune the characteristics of the soundn. I also remember there was a b-roll shot of the instrument the was going to be talked about with some color of a background
The video was pretty long too, 20+ minutes I’m pretty sure
Another video (or the same one, I really don’t remember) is a video of bud herseth playing/testing the monette trumpets and David monette (I think) is there inspecting as bud gives his expert analysis and critique.

Thanks
stumac
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall a 50 minute film I think from PBS on brass instrument making with interviews with Cliff Blackburn, a Horn maker in Chicago and Dave Monette, called The Sounds of Brass or something similar.

I had it on a VHS video tape and may have it on an old hard drive, I will look when I get back home in the next couple of days.

Regards, Stuart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: