• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

status of Kanstul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toms

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:59 am    Post subject: status of Kanstul Reply with quote

i am a bit out of touch with the Kanstul situation. I have found articles that state the company was purchased by BAC and that they were moving manufacturing to Kansas City.

Have they started production in the new location? I noticed they have a website with a 2021 copyright.

I am interested in the 1525 flugel. I was surprised at the price ($1000 more than a copper bell Schilke).

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

toms

Schilke B1
Schilke Symphony M3 mpc
Allora Aere Metallic Series Plastic Bb Trumpet
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short version:

Kanstul closed. It's assets were sold off.

BAC bought some of those - as in tooling, at whatnot - and they are in KC.

Kanstul, as it existed - no longer exists.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: status of Kanstul Reply with quote

toms wrote:
I noticed they have a website with a 2021 copyright.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the Kanstul.com home page, you will see a long message entitled "Thanks to all our friends for a long run". Within that message, there is the following statement:

"This website will remain online for the foreseeable future, as an archive of Kanstul history and product information. Content on this website is for reference purposes only. There are no instruments or parts available for sale by Kanstul Musical Instruments. Our doors are closed permanently and we will no longer be responding to phone calls or emails."

As Crazy Finn pointed out, BAC bought some of Kanstul's assets. They did not buy the company, and are not manufacturing products bearing the Kanstul name (they are probably using Kanstul tooling to produce their new line of Benge trumpets, as well as Committee trumpets for the new "Martin Brasswind Company").
Subtropical and Subpar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been some crazy deals on very light-mileage Kanstul horns since they closed, with the notable - and unfortunate for the OP - exception of the 1525 flugelhorn (and their three bell piccolo model).
1962 Reynolds Argenta LB
1965 Conn Connstellation 38A cornet
1995 Bach LR18072
2003 Kanstul 991
2011 Schilke P5-4 B/G
2021 Manchester Brass flugel
Scott Steward

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: status of Kanstul Reply with quote

toms wrote:
i am a bit out of touch with the Kanstul situation. I have found articles that state the company was purchased by BAC and that they were moving manufacturing to Kansas City.

Have they started production in the new location? I noticed they have a website with a 2021 copyright.

I am interested in the 1525 flugel. I was surprised at the price ($1000 more than a copper bell Schilke).

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

toms

As others mentioned, B.A.C. acquired the brand with the tools. The only thing I see that's even close is the horn they literally call "The Benge 3X+". 🤷‍♂️

I'm a Kanstul loyalist myself and would love to know if there are some compatible parts there in K.C. A half day's drive, I may need to pay the facility a visit sometime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: