• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Practice Mute

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bent tubing
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the divitt trumpet practice mute by austin custom brass is the best practice mute i have ever heard and now own they cost around $40 but they are worth every penny and more!
Jim19043
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the current generation of the Yamaha Silent Brass, the Dennis Wick Practice Mute, The Divitt Practice Mute, and the TrumCor Lyric Stealth. They all work OK, although I favor the TrumCor, which is very light weight, blows without undue resistance and retains pitch reasonably well.
chef8489
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bent tubing wrote:
the divitt trumpet practice mute by austin custom brass is the best practice mute i have ever heard and now own they cost around $40 but they are worth every penny and more!

Why do you think its by Austin custom brass? Other places sell it as well.
Directly off Ewan Divitt website
"The Divitt Practice Mute was created after trying dozens of practice mutes. The quietest mutes were too stuffy, and most mutes didn't play well for the entire range of the trumpet.

After over 40 versions in 7 months, the Divitt Practice Mute was born.
Extremely free blowing, easy speaking low register and in tune over the entire range of the trumpet, this mute makes practicing in an apartment enjoyable again!

Available in many colours. Contact us for the current colours. and to purchase."

Also J Landress sells them.
1965 H.N. White King Super 20 Sllversonic Symphony 1st trigger
ebolton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Bremer, which works really well. The only thing I don't like about it is it is proud of the bell when it's in, on my horn anyway, so the horn won't fit in the case with it in. Since I mostly practice with it in, I'd rather just leave it there. After many times in-and-out, the cork which was really smooth to begin with is now so smooth it sometimes falls out, which means I have to stop and put it back in. It's a minor inconvenience I regard as a First World Problem, so I continue to use it and recommend it.
Riojazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for the Stomvi Upmute.
JaredT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject: Rejano Practice mutes Reply with quote

[quote="kehaulani"][quote="Vin DiBona"]Tom Hooten likes the Rejano practice mute. https://rejanomutes.com/[/quote]
This is one area that keeps changing with improved or new products. I would [i]really[/i] like to know if anyone uses this, also.[/quote]

I've been using a first generation Rejano practice mute almost daily for several weeks on a Bach Strad 37 trumpet and a Carol Brass cornet. In comparison to a Yamaha Silent Brass, the Rejano is only slightly louder, responds with less back pressure, and is considerably better in tune in very low and high registers. In comparison to an ancient and unbranded whisper mute (white & gold cardboard-ish frame, felt interior), it is more open and truer to tone.

That said, this Rejano mute is fragile. It dropped out of my cornet (mutes don't seem to like this cornet; they squeak wildly or slip) onto a wooden floor. This produced a hairline 180 degrees around the "bell" (broadest circumference) of the mute. I'm awaiting a response from Rejano concerning just how to repair it. One response on trombonechat.com reported that "some rubber cement worked just fine for getting it back to 100%."
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, trptplus22. Was that post to gain useful information or a post just to post?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: