• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

1-1/4? identikit mouthpiece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joh Pintu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: 1-1/4? identikit mouthpiece Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a standard mouthpiece (no custom works) in the market with these specify or similar:
rim: 1-1/4c (something similar Bach's symphony series, no Bach standard series, no sharp bite)
cup: 1-1/2c Bach or 275 Parke deep/shape,
throat: 25
backbore: 24 or equivalent
I know there are many Yamaha's pieces (17b4, Gould, Hooten), the Bach 1-1/4c Bach's symphony series, are just too deep for me.
I never tried Pickett, Gr, and Hammond mouthpieces...
Have you some to suggest?
Thanks!
J.P.
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might look into a Schilke 15B. The rim does not have a sharp bite and is somewhere between a Bach 3 and 1 1/4 in diameter, though exact comparisons are difficult. The stock model comes with a 26 throat, but for just a few extra bucks they can bore it out to a 25, which they did for me. It worked very well for a lot of different applications (commercial, jazz, piccolo and Eb trumpets) I also used the stock 15 (C cup, a little deeper than the B) for orchestral C trumpet.

I switched to Warburtons after playing the Schilkes for a few years. You might also investigate Warburton. Their 3 series is similar to the Bach 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 rims in diameter but more comfortable. Their stock throats are a 27 drill, but again for a little extra they can alter it. Often matching the right top and backbore combination negates the need for a larger throat.
1999 Getzen Eterna 700S
1979 Getzen Eterna 895S Flugelhorn
1969 Getzen Capri cornet
Eastlake Benge 4PSP piccolo trumpet
Warburton and Stomvi Flex mouthpieces
Andy Cooper
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that you want a stock mouthpiece rather than custom. Is that because of price or do you want to be able to return it?

It's a tough combination of rim, cup throat and backbore. The above suggestion of a Schilke 15 is good #26 throat and a reasonable size backbore - stock.
You might consider the Bach symphony series 3C. Everything you want except you would need to accept a smaller diameter.

You might start spending some time looking through the mouthpiece section of TH Marketplace. You might find a suitable top and appropriate backbore or maybe a rim/underpart + backbore - ready to go.
TMT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Yamaha Rod Franks
Joh Pintu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Andy Cooper"]I noticed that you want a stock mouthpiece rather than custom. Is that because of price or do you want to be able to return it?

because I would like to be sure that the mouthpiece itself is balanced, I have modified several pieces and I am not sure if they do not work themselves or do not work myself
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: