• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Anybody know who played…

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Anybody know who played… Reply with quote

I just watched the latest episode of Bull. On it there was a lady playing solo flugelhorn on the stoop during the show and then as background music in the closing scene.

It was a copper bell flugelhorn and her tone was really nice. The playing wasn’t intricate nor was it technically challenging, but it was well played.

I normally don’t pay much attention to the music in shoes but this got my attention.

👏
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody know who played… Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
I normally don’t pay much attention to the music in shoes but this got my attention.

👏

From a PM. “I'm usually wearing shoes when I listen to music. But not always.”

It is interesting that both of my kids prefer that people in their households take off their shoes before entering their houses.
ebolton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody know who played… Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:

It is interesting that both of my kids prefer that people in their households take off their shoes before entering their houses.

They must have neat houses. When people come into my house, I check to make sure they have closed toe footwear with good soles and preferably ankle protection.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody know who played… Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:

In Hawai`i we don't let anyone come into the house with shoes or slippers on. I don't know if that's from the plantation worker days or Japanese custom but it's a no-no, no matter.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody know who played… Reply with quote

ebolton wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

They must have neat houses. When people come into my house, I check to make sure they have closed toe footwear with good soles and preferably ankle protection.

For my son it is more about how unsanitary shoes are instead of tracking in dirt.
peanuts56
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody know who played… Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
LittleRusty wrote:

In Hawai`i we don't let anyone come into the house with shoes or slippers on. I don't know if that's from the plantation worker days or Japanese custom but it's a no-no, no matter.

Pile of slippers outside the door. Don't take a nicer pair when you leave!!!!!
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t care for the feel of being without shoes. So I have purchased a pair of indoor only slippers I take with me when I visit my kids’ homes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: