• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Louis Armstrong Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jontiji

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:53 am    Post subject: Louis Armstrong Trumpet Reply with quote

Hello All,
Some years ago (2009!) a member on here (Cleanhead77) referred to John Chilton's book on Louis. The post said that on page 193 of the book there was reference to letter from Joe Glaser stating that Louis was playing a Selmer Trumpet, serial number 1436.
Does anyone know anything more about that? Anyone got the book and willing to look up the reference? Send me a photo? Anything?
Any info gratefully received.
Thanks very much.
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many copies of the book available on French eBay, including one listing for 4,11 EUR.

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
jontiji

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject: Louis Armstrong Trumpet Reply with quote

Thanks...in fact I ordered a copy from Amazon & there was no such reference (or I couldn't find it) hence my question...I'm wondering if there's a different/older edition... or even if it's the right book...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: