• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Boosey & Hawkes (Overseas) maker?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriumphantTrumpeter
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Boosey & Hawkes (Overseas) maker? Reply with quote

Hi all, I recently added a silver plated Boosey and Hawkes (overseas)Ltd. Regent and I was wondering if anyone has any information on the model as I have been able to find little about it online.

I bought it from ebay for £74 including shipping so I guess somewhere around $100 in US currency and, given that the deal included a wood shelled but modern canvase covered Besson case and a Vincent Bach 2 1/2 mouthpiece so wasn't really expecting much of the actual trumpet but I find that it's an exceptionally sweet sounding and easy playing horn.

It has octagonal top and bottom caps on the valves which seems to set it apart from other models from B&H which are also marked as 'Regent' and, if the serials for these models fall in line with other Boosey and Hawkes instruments it places it around 1971.

Anyway all information that anyone may have would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: