• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Ryan Anthony DSO Recordings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumptrevol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject: Ryan Anthony DSO Recordings? Reply with quote

Need help finding any Dallas Symphony recordings that Ryan Anthony can be heard playing in.
nltrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s a couple of Jaap recordings under the DSO Live category. There’s Tchaikovsky 4 and 5, Dvorak 9, Mahler 3 and 6, and Beethoven 5. Those are all Ryan unless I’m mistaken, but I don’t believe he played the posthorn part on that performance of Mahler 3.

I don’t know of any formal recording sessions done during his time in the orchestra, but I’m no expert. There is a Dallas Symphony Brass Quintet album (very nice recordings) with Ryan on the roster. And while he isn’t on them, there are some fabulous Dallas recordings from the 90’s under Eduardo Mata.

Update: There was a Christmas album they recorded a few years ago. There’s also a few recordings under Andrew Litton, the later of those would have been with Ryan. I’m unfamiliar with any of them, personally.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: