• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Unusual Triple Case Wanted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryWilson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:19 pm    Post subject: Unusual Triple Case Wanted Reply with quote

I'm in the market for a triple case that will hold my Bb trumpet, flugelhorn, and pic. I've seen two on the market. One, of which I've forgotten the manufacturer, but the pick fits in a holster that stacks on top on the flugel so you have to unpack the pic to get to the flugel and the holster is in three pieces. No thanks. The best candidate, so far, is one from MG Leatherworks in Ukraine. of all places. Just wondering if anyone has seen any others.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/890025907/personalized-trumpet-detroit-leather?click_key=2acc6063b2a4d669edf374e5ac4541765b497b24%3A890025907&click_sum=a4264517&rec_type=ss&ref=pla_similar_listing_top-8&pro=1
Yamaha YTR 8335 Gen I Xeno (Back up horn)
Yamaha Bobby Shew Flugel
Leblanc Paris C
bagmangood
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some of the pro-tec models would work ("pro pac" I think is the relevant line). I haven't had one in a while but I wouldn't be surprised if someone chimed in with the relevant model.

Reunion Blues continental triple (acb store link) would definitely work as well.

I've been using a Gard Elite (acb link) for that function (well, Bb, C, Flugel, and picc )

If you can get your hands on a Torpedo Coyote with the relevant lid, that would also fit the bill.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Cronkhite triple holds three instruments vertically. I use it for a Bb, C and flugelhorn so substituting a pic for the C would be fine.

One thing to know is that the removable triangle divider that holds the middle horn doesn’t attach at the apex and allowed my Bb and C bells to touch causing scratches. I put a small towel over one of the bells to prevent this.

Torpedo now owns the rights to Cronkhite’s line of cases. Torpedo used to participate on here and had a very good reputation. However after the development of a new composite case went south they have not been as responsive.
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Gard 9-MSK triple. It will hold two standard trumpets and a flugel, or a flugel, standard trumpet, and pic . I usually carry my flugel, Bb trumpet, and piccolo with it, but sometimes I use it to carry my cornet in place of the piccolo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=035prNFLRCY

It's made in India, but don't let that scare you. Gard has a great reputation and has the endorsement of some trumpet heavyweights like Arturo Sandoval and Wayne Bergeron. The workmanship is first-class. There is also a leather version, 9-MLK--costs a little more, but not unreasonable compared to what you've already posted. It retails at WWBW for $146 for the 9-MSK and $226 for the 9-MLK.
1999 Getzen Eterna 700S
1979 Getzen Eterna 895S Flugelhorn
1969 Getzen Capri cornet
Eastlake Benge 4PSP piccolo trumpet
Warburton and Stomvi Flex mouthpieces
lgt0412
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiseman. Exactly what you need and is the best made case out there, period. Not cheap but WELL worth the money to protect probably close to $10,000 if you're talking about 3 pro level horns.
Conn 38B
Van Laar BR3 Flugel
Blessing Super Artist cornet
Greg Black Mouthpieces
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158684

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
nieuwguyski
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The long-discontinued Torpedo Coyote, with a taller lid, holds a Bb trumpet, flugel (but only one with bottom-sprung valves), and a picc. There was a lid made to accommodate taller flugels (the "SNARL," as I recall) but it was pretty silly.

My Coyote is my go-to case almost all the time, and I rarely carry a picc. The picc space holds two Spyder stands, a triple mouthpiece pouch, and a Harmon mute.
Cornet2Trumpet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..did a week tour with the Canadian Brass a few weeks ago and needed a case for this horn combo..opted for the Gard Elite Compact Triple with two taco inserts.

It worked great with no issues at all..also, easy to fly with as it fit in the overhead compartment.
BarryWilson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:34 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Many thanks to all of you. I was able to make a decision and ordered my new case this morning.
Yamaha YTR 8335 Gen I Xeno (Back up horn)
Yamaha Bobby Shew Flugel
Leblanc Paris C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: