• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Bach factory photo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldSchoolEuph
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject: Bach factory photo Reply with quote

OK, so I am working on a book about Bach (probably no surprise after my last few bizarre posts about change dates for design elements).

And it appears that Conn-Selmer is going to deal with my request to use any corporate visual assets like their logo, pictures of Bach in his later years, catalog covers, or the building by simply not responding to me.

Times have REALLY changed...

I have found work-arounds for much, though I do wish I could use a couple of the same images Roy used at VincentBachsWorld.com - but they are "nice to have", not so much essential.

What I am missing at this point that really jumps out is that I have no photo of the current plant. (I'm using a 1928 Buescher catalog cartoon for Main Street, but at least its an image)

So, if you would be willing to share a good, sharp-focused, effective at communicating the appearance of the building or its entrance (no cars/people in the way) photograph that is of your own original creation, and grant me right to republish it, you would be helping this effort to tell the story of Bach (and of course you would be credited in the photo caption).

2017 Austin Winds Stage 466
1962 Mt. Vernon Bach 43
1954 Holton 49 Stratodyne
1927 Conn 22B
1957 Holton 27 cornet
1985 Yamaha YEP-621
1975 Yamaha YEP-321 Custom
1965 Besson Baritone
1975 Olds Recording R-20
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject: Bach Factory Photo Reply with quote

As one who is just interested in the history of instruments, manufacturers, etc. I almost find that offensive. Bach could cooperate with you and it could become a promotional tool. Despite their being the Bach Strad, they are still involved in a competitive business of manufacture. Good Luck, Ron
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told by someone who is well respected in the “trumpet community” that he and some others are currently doing consultations with Bach Selmer having to do with what most would consider a quality upgrade to their instruments. Maybe their lack of response is tied to that?

Just speculation here.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: