• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Burbank Benge, seller doesn't know value

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldSchoolEuph wrote:
Sellers not knowing the value goes both ways. Check out this monumental delusion:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/325145836492?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I think the seller is confusing what is probably a cheap stencil horn with a York Airflow. Sad to see.

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
JHirakawa
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject: Benge Trumpet Reply with quote

Every time I see a Benge Trumpet post like this, it makes me feel even better about my recent Estate Sales find: a 1948 Chicago Benge with only a few minor dents and a loose tuning slide tube. The valves are in unbelievable condition. Original case. It even had both valve slide stop nuts! I was even able to play it before I paid for it. I posted a photo of it after I got the dents and tube fixed, cleaned, and a PVA. My hands shook when I first saw it. It was a no brainer. Got it for $1,000. Life is good.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1947_Chicago_Benge_Trumpet.jpg
'48 Chi Benge
'47 Conn 22b
'69 Olds Custom Crafted
'47 Holton 48
'64 Bach Strad Cornet
'62 Olds Spl Cornet
'64 Conn 80a
'54 Conn 34a
Benge flugel
Olds, DEG Bugles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: