• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen Capri question

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madAhorn

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucaneer61 wrote:
I have a Getzen Capri cornet made around 1972. I've played for over 60 years now, and have played any number of professional cornets. My Capri is the equal of any horn I've ever played. The valves are superb, intonation and response are excellent. Many of my fellow players think the Capri I own is the easiest playing cornet they've ever played. I( don't think you can go wrong.

My opinion, for what it's worth.

Michael

I just re-discovered my Getzen Capri trumpet from the late 70's of my Junior High days. I have played many pro horns since then. The Getzen was taken by a family member at one time and just about destroyed. I had it straightened out except you can still see some creases in the bell. These are my best valves still and ease of playing from high to low is the best also. It is no longer pretty at all, but I may just start playing it again at all gigs.
It initially seems to not connect notes as smoothly as some of my other horns, but when actually blowing a tune it has a very good balance and ease of playing that beats the others. Mysterious horn indeed!
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 9:10 pm    Post subject: Getzen Capri question Reply with quote

My Mother-in-Law when she still played had a Capri and it was butter. There were younger people playing in our municipal band in those days with Capri cornets and trumpets. They work wonderfully. The endorsement by Mr. Scodwell should be enough recommendation.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had a Capri, but a guy I worked with for decades as the first player in a city band, played a Capri and never felt a compulsion to move onto another horn.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: