• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Voodoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject: Trumpet Voodoo Reply with quote

Introducing Trumpet Voodoo by Rich Willey.

“Strange and mysterious assortment of seemingly basic, even harmless drills that will open up a massive can of whoopass on the most dreaded imaginable set of gig conditions!”

Available now in PDF, at a reduced introductory price (for a limited time).

In a few weeks we will offer a print version as well, but we wanted to get this out to you now, and you will be glad we did!

“An approach that makes trumpet performance much less of a challenge. Very few trumpet players practice everything in all twelve keys every day, so if you work out of this book daily you’ll become one of the select few who do. Also, there are many principles incorporated into this material that will help build strength and resilience unlike any other resource.”

Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific book! Lots of excellent material for your fundamentals routine. Much of the content -- both the exercises and the text -- will feel familiar to you if you have some of Willey's other books, like Upside Down Scales, Clarke variations, etc., but the exercises all seem to be original with the exception of a few from Arban that are presented in all 12 keys.

One of the strengths of this book is that the material is appropriate to 21st century music. That makes it a logical companion to the grand method books -- Arban, Franquin, Gatti, St. Jacome, Williams, etc.
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that summary, “Dayton” . . . this (to me) is a solution for going many days with no gig and then playing a demanding gig successfully.

I wrote it for myself, in an effort to find ways to simulate the demands of a gig in the practice room. It stimulates the mind (the thinking) as well as the chops and has a bunch of Reinhardt principles embedded in the content to build strength, endurance and range while focusing largely on the musical aspects of playing trumpet.

I appreciate the early review and look forward to hearing from others who play out of this book for many successive days. I know the results for me have been very good. This collection of materials is succinct and gets right down to business which is precisely what I need these days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: