• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

eBay Funky Mouthpiece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siksay
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: eBay Funky Mouthpiece Reply with quote

Scratching my head over this as many of these mouthpieces (Older Bach's) looked to have been over buffed and restamped. These listings are for older vintage Bach that are difficult to come by but have been continuously listed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384944060384?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bskfybnos9i&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=DpCiX9MzSVi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a better one for you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265744790166

Says its "customized"

Someone is missing a lug nut somewhere
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Arnold wrote:

Says its "customized"

I never saw a mouthpiece with a goiter before . . .

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Funky Mouthpiece Reply with quote

siksay wrote:
S . . these mouthpieces (Older Bach's) looked to have been over buffed and restamped.

I don't know why you'd say that. I recently applied some Wright's Brass Polish and some elbow grease to a black, used Purviance mouthpiece and it looks new. Beautiful.

And how costly would it be to tool up to be able to restamp some brass to sell the item for. a price of only $75.00?

Not saying s/he did or didn't, just don't see enough info to make that conclusion.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Aj

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Funky Mouthpiece Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
siksay wrote:
S . . these mouthpieces (Older Bach's) looked to have been over buffed and restamped.

I don't know why you'd say that. I recently applied some Wright's Brass Polish and some elbow grease to a black, used Purviance mouthpiece and it looks new. Beautiful.

And how costly would it be to tool up to be able to restamp some brass to sell the item for. a price of only $75.00?

Not saying s/he did or didn't, just don't see enough info to make that conclusion.

Well, the prices being charged at the moment, I am sure there are plenty who are willing to give some 'restamping' a go. Here's a question, do all these overpriced mouthpieces on Ebay even sell? It's getting ridiculous. Some vintage, hard to get stuff I get, but it's like every tarnished piece of .... is over $200 now!
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Arnold wrote:

Says its "customized"

In the seller's other items is a Warburton piece that has a backbore like that. Looks like someone tried to make a DIY version of the Warburton.

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
trompette24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: eBay Funky Mouthpiece Reply with quote

siksay wrote:
Scratching my head over this as many of these mouthpieces (Older Bach's) looked to have been over buffed and restamped. These listings are for older vintage Bach that are difficult to come by but have been continuously listed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384944060384?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=bskfybnos9i&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=DpCiX9MzSVi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I feel like they're all fakes. Some weird fonts on some of the pieces they sale.

And why would someone sell TWO New York Bach 3's in one listing knowing how much you get individually? The photos always appear slightly blurry and they state something like "there were so many variations back then so not two mouthpieces are alike" I believe to cover themselves and not allowing returns. People fall for it so I guess they win.

All that being said, I could be wrong.

I do have a lot of experience with vintage Bach gear.
Bach Mt. Vernon Trumpet 37/43
Yamaha 8310z Gen 1 Trumpet
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mafields627 wrote:
Jon Arnold wrote:

Says its "customized"

In the seller's other items is a Warburton piece that has a backbore like that. Looks like someone tried to make a DIY version of the Warburton.

I'll check it out. Missed that one. The poor man's megatone, lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: