• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Eyes wide open because you never know

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Eyes wide open because you never know Reply with quote

Heading home from playing in church orchestra this past Sunday I was zoning out a bit thinking about the rest of the day. My route takes me down a typical suburban multilane road with lots of traffic lights, restaurants, and shopping centers.

I noticed some debris in the center of my lane some distance ahead. I drive a full size pickup so the immediate assessment was "I can straddle that ok." As I got closer I noticed the brown leather-like color and was saddened that it looked like someone lost a nice computer bag or small piece of luggage. Then I noticed the Vincent Bach logo and the reaction was immediate "That's Jack's horn!!"

Jack is a wonderful 85 year old friend. Typically he plays 3rd and I play 2nd in our orchestra. He has an incredible amount of energy, knows everyone in church music in our part of the city (and beyond) and is a blessing to be around. Ah. He must have put the horn on the top of his old minivan, got to talking with someone in the parking lot and drove off.

I whipped into the nearest shopping center. Fortunately the closest traffic light was red, but there were a lot of cars waiting, mostly sedans which would not clear the trumpet case. I was able to dash out into the road and retrieve the case.

"Hey Jack!"

"Hey man, what you doin'?"

"I've got your horn."

"What!!??!!"

When I met up with him he disclosed that the gate latch on his van was wearing out and occasionally it pops open on him.

All's well that ends well. Stay alert, my friends.
cbtj51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reading; nothing occurs by "chance" but by providence!

Life is Short!

Mike
‘92 Bach 37 Bb
'98 Getzen 895S Flugelhorn
'00 Bach 184 Cornet
'02 Yamaha 8335RGS
'16 Bach NY 7
'16 XO 1700RS Piccolo
Reeves 41 Rimmed Mouthpieces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: