• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cork on TC Wah mute??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jadickson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject: Cork on TC Wah mute?? Reply with quote

I have a new Tom Crown wah wah mute. On my Bach 37, it was very sharp, playing without the stem. I have sanded down most of the cork, but it is still sharp.

Has anyone else experienced this, with this particular set up, or am I making things worse?
JoshRzepka
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cork on TC Wah mute?? Reply with quote

jadickson wrote:
I have a new Tom Crown wah wah mute. On my Bach 37, it was very sharp, playing without the stem. I have sanded down most of the cork, but it is still sharp.

Has anyone else experienced this, with this particular set up, or am I making things worse?

With practically every single harmon mute on the market you will need to pull out your slide 1/4 inch or more to be in tune. Just experiment with the tuner and see where it needs to be.
Denis Wick Artist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: