• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Angled Rims

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KPW03

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Angled Rims Reply with quote

Does anybody have any experience playing with angled rims or bent mouthpieces? I’m curious if there is any drawbacks to playing a mouthpiece like this.
Divitt Trumpets
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play a Wedge with a 10° angle. Total game changer.
AndrewSzyTpt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Wedge with the 5 degree angle! It’s helpful for me since I have an overbite.
romajore

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pretty severe overbite and use a Wedge 5 degree angle rim that worked better for me than the 10 degree angle. I find it to be the best overall solution for me getting the bell up. Previously, I tried bent mouthpieces from Curry. They were ok to. Sometimes I wish I hadn’t sold them. I think 10 degree bend was what I had. Witch between the Wedge and GR.

I will say nothing gives me the same sound as mr GR. Though the bell is almost 45 degrees down when I use it. I can pretty seemlessly s
ronnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used bent mouthpieces for quite a few years, switched to 10 degree Wedge several years ago and they’ve worked very well for me.

I had to be more diligent in keeping the mouthpiece clean with the bent backbores as I used a 29 throat for commercial work and the smaller hole combined with the bend would cause it to get blocked, and I stopped eating or drinking anything other than water during gigs years ago.
ronnyc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used bent mouthpieces for quite a few years, switched to 10 degree Wedge several years ago and they’ve worked very well for me.

I had to be more diligent in keeping the mouthpiece clean with the bent backbores as I used a 29 throat for commercial work and the smaller hole combined with the bend would cause it to get blocked, and I stopped eating or drinking anything other than water during gigs years ago.
nieuwguyski
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Reeves mouthpieces, bent 10 degrees, for decades. Then I played 10-degree angled Wedge tops for a few years. The 10-degree Wedge tops always seemed like quite a bit more angle than a Reeves 10-degree bend. I ordered a 5-degree Wedge and it had a more comfortable angle, for me.

The past few years I've been playing Curry mouthpieces, bent 10 degrees. I don't see any downsides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: