• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Importance of Posture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Type3B
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject: Importance of Posture Reply with quote

Over the years, I've noticed that I tend to focus all my attention on what Doc said about embouchure etc., while neglecting the importance of what he said about posture (see chap. 2 in the Encyclopedia). Dave Sheetz once pointed out that I was failing to keep the "Two Position" with my head, and recently I noticed that I had crept back into a forward head position, which was causing strained breathing, tension, and other problems. Doc also warned against holding the arms against the body. I find that when I intentionally raise my elbows, pulling my arms away from body--more like wings than arms--it also automatically pulls my head into the correct Two Position.
Brassnose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I just found this out around the early days of Covid one day and now, when I wait for my train or whatnot I always practice my relaxed posture. Great thing to do w/o the horn as well. “Just” relax, stand straight, and breathe.
1980/2023 Custom Blessing Scholastic C 😎
1977 Conn 6B
1951 Buescher 400 Lightweight
AR Resonance, Frate, Klier
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: