• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kanstul piccolo mouthpiece - cornet shank

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schippertrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject: Kanstul piccolo mouthpiece - cornet shank Reply with quote

Hi - li just purchased a used Kanstul 920 piccolo and need a shallower mouthpiece with a cornet shank. I have a 3D - way too deep for me. Anyone looking to unload some mouthpieces? Thanks
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul piccolo mouthpiece - cornet shank Reply with quote

schippertrumpet wrote:
Hi - li just purchased a used Kanstul 920 piccolo and need a shallower mouthpiece with a cornet shank. I have a 3D - way too deep for me. Anyone looking to unload some mouthpieces? Thanks

Get a Bach 7E with a 117 backbore (is the standard for the E cup), works great. The mouthpiece Kanstul made was really similar to the Bach 7E.
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
Stradbrother
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Kanstul piccolo mouthpiece - cornet shank Reply with quote

dr_trumpet wrote:
schippertrumpet wrote:

Get a Bach 7E with a 117 backbore (is the standard for the E cup), works great. The mouthpiece Kanstul made was really similar to the Bach 7E.

X2 for this recommendation. I love the Bach 3E, but the 7E is wonderful.
Jon Arnold
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul piccolo mouthpiece - cornet shank Reply with quote

[quote="dr_trumpet"][quote="schippertrumpet"]Hi - li just purchased a used Kanstul 920 piccolo and need a shallower mouthpiece with a cornet shank. I have a 3D - way too deep for me. Anyone looking to unload some mouthpieces? Thanks[/quote]

Get a Bach 7E with a 117 backbore (is the standard for the E cup), works great. The mouthpiece Kanstul made was really similar to the Bach 7E.[/quote]

Great advice. I bought one for my Stomvi Picc and I love the sound and playability.
nieuwguyski
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kanstul piccolo mouthpiece - cornet shank Reply with quote

schippertrumpet wrote:

What mouthpiece do you play on your Bb? How would you describe your tone (better yet, how have others described your tone...) on your Bb with your normal mouthpiece? Have you played picc before? Sorry, but I think the hive-mind needs a little more background before we can offer informed advice.

Cornet-shank mouthpieces way shallower than a Bach 3D are going to be hard to come by (the Bach 7E is no shallower, BTW).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: