• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Fellow Strugglers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Fellow Strugglers Reply with quote

Fellow Strugglers,

Have you ever thought it was never going to happen for you?  I have been there, watching YouTube videos on how to do lip flexibilities to access the upper register until my eyes were bloodshot.  Others, even kids, can make it look so easy like they are performing a magic trick that you can never figure out how it is done.

What you need is a “systematic” approach to accessing the upper register.  There is an approach to teaching how to play notes in the upper register.  It does require dedication and that you follow that systematic plan.  I have a very difficult time learning the trumpet and could not even play an arpeggio to high C in 2017.  It all seemed impossible.  Then I started taking online lessons with John Mohan.  By the end of 2019, I could get nice clear Fs and Gs (occasionally) above the stave.  I was content with that but over COVID, I decided to see how high I could go and squeaked out rather effortlessly DHCs.  Once he teaches you the “knack” of accessing the upper register, it is only a matter of time and dedication that determines where you want to end up.

The other day I texted John to let him know that I had my first wedding gig and to thank him for making such a huge difference in the way that I play.  TO MY FELLOW STRUGGLERS: success is possible even though it all seems like a cruel magic trick that you will never know how it is done.  I only send this message because I am ecstatic after my first paying gig and want others to know it can happen for you. All you have to do is contact johnkmohan@gmail.com

Best Wishes

DK
Bethmike
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mohan is my teacher as well. He is excellent.
Yamaha 631 Flugel
Dark Knight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bethmike wrote:
John Mohan is my teacher as well. He is excellent.

That is great. I am sure there is a large number who can attest to having the same experience.

DK
Jaw04
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a really good endorsement! I bet he didn't charge you for the lesson in exchange for that testimony!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: