• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Conn Connstellation dating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smh_pmp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:39 am    Post subject: Conn Connstellation dating Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am new to the group. I just purchased a Connstellation with SN 989509. I am really enjoying playing it. My regular horn is a Harrelson 909. Based on the serial number list 1962 started with 949465, and 1963 started the new numbering scheme C00501. Please confirm that my horn is from 1962.

Also, it is marked with a "B" on the leadpipe and has a ~5 1/8 inch bell. Does that make it a 36B?

Thanks, Steve

Harrelson 909
Stomvi Elite Piccolo
Bach Strad C
Bach Strad Flugel
Conn Connstellation
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Conn Loyalist website, the 36B has a 4 and 5/8 inch bell, while the 38B has a 5 and 1/8 inch bell, so you have a 38B, not a 36B. The "B" on the leadpipe is Conn's way of designating that the horn is a trumpet rather than a cornet (a cornet would have an "A" on the leadpipe).

I'm not sure what you want in terms of "confirmation" that your horn was made in 1962. All anyone can do is read a serial number list just as you have. From the way you describe it, you have read the serial number list correctly.

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: