• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Marketplace re-opens today

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abraxas wrote:
Got it but not hearing back ever. I'd like to check when a member joined and yes I do see date joined in the listing but God this site has tens of thousands of members and no matter how i sort, it's just one page at a time for searching and the person i'm looking for is probably 500 pages in.

Hi Abraxas, I don't see any private messages sent from you but I did reply to your email, hope you received that.

-td
Abraxas
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetherald wrote:
Abraxas wrote:
Got it but not hearing back ever. I'd like to check when a member joined and yes I do see date joined in the listing but God this site has tens of thousands of members and no matter how i sort, it's just one page at a time for searching and the person i'm looking for is probably 500 pages in.

Hi Abraxas, I don't see any private messages sent from you but I did reply to your email, hope you received that.

-td

Yes i did thanks. As I think we discussed, the member in question has no posting history. Perhaps consideration can be made, next time you are doing site renos, to have a feature where we can look up member join dates that is easily searchable.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abraxas wrote:
trumpetherald wrote:
Abraxas wrote:

-td

Yes i did thanks. As I think we discussed, the member in question has no posting history. Perhaps consideration can be made, next time you are doing site renos, to have a feature where we can look up member join dates that is easily searchable.

This particular seventeen year old version of phbb leaves a lot to be desired, especially in search. Both general and member list searches.

(I mean no disrespect to Todd. His hosting this site is greatly appreciated by me.)
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
This particular seventeen year old version of phbb leaves a lot to be desired, especially in search. Both general and member list searches.

(I mean no disrespect to Todd. His hosting this site is greatly appreciated by me.)

I'm working on fixing that!

-td
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm...
I just came across a Callet Sima trumpet for sale from a seller with only one post. I am interested in the trumpet, but wonder how it got listed, and how I can safely proceed?
What is the Trumpetherald recommended approach for conducting a sale/purchase so that we can feel safe in making a purchase ?
Thanks for any advice.

If you're looking at buying something from a listing on this site, the date the seller joined the web site is listed at the bottom of the ad, and that date can be trusted.

I'll just put out here what is in the emails sent from the Marketplace on how to perform a safe purchase:

Insist on a phone call with the seller, and make sure they actually know what they're talking about.

Never accept payment for more than the worth of the item/shipping and to provide a refund of the difference.

Bad grammar and strange shipping/payment instructions are a red flag.

Checks/cashiers checks/money orders are far from 100% reliable and can bounce weeks after they're deposited.

If it's a larger purchase and you're worried, use www.escrow.com to complete the transaction. It's not free but it is much safer.

-td
Zan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:05 pm    Post subject: marketplace Reply with quote

Hi there... I have not used this site in a bit. My account is active, ans there does not seem to be any issues. However, I can not get an ad in the market place to up load. It does not indicate that there is a failure of any sort... it just never uploads my ad.

Please help.
v/r
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been addressed many times in many TH threads…if your pics are too big…

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=132775&sid=ad6d7c5d2c12a40cabc440a708885700

musicalmason1 (Feb 2015)

"If you try to post an ad with pictures that are too big it will look like it went through, but never show up. Try posting the ad again with smaller picture sizes (under 500k) or post the ad with no pics and then include a link to pics in the ad. I have never experienced a lag when posting ads with small pictures, they show up pretty much instantly."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: