• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Where to access/buy relevant Reinhardt books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:31 am    Post subject: Where to access/buy relevant Reinhardt books Reply with quote

I have been trying to find out more about Reinhardt's teachings, but can't work out what all the different books are and where I can buy them. For example, there seem to be the Encyclopaedia and the routines, etc.

What are all the different books, where should I start as a beginner, and where can I buy anything relevant as there doesn't seem to be much I can find online?
DanEuph

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! There are several Reinhardt books on Qpress.ca, and there are several books on Rich Willey's website which are massively Reinhardt-oriented.

Dan,
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest that you try to study with a Reinhardt student (or student of) if you really want to understand his teachings. I'm neither.

As I understand it, the core of his teaching is the "Encyclopedia of the Pivot System." I've found Rich Willey's "Warm Up Magic" to be a good first step, and Willey's "The Reinhardt Routines" to be a more in-depth look, though neither approaches the level of detail in "Encyclopedia...".

I use Rich Willey's "Focal Point" daily, and practice from Reinhardt's "Trumpet Mechanisms" regularly.

The "Encyclopedia" is available as a downloadable pdf file at qpress.ca. The other books are available as a pdf or print copy on Rich Willey's website: https://www.boptism.com/product-category/boptism-music-store-pdfs/reinhardt-study-zone-pdfs/
donovan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking lessons with a teacher is the key. I think its hard to get until you have been properly typed and initiated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: