• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Forte (App) vs. Zoom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve A
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject: Forte (App) vs. Zoom Reply with quote

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with Forte for remote lessons? I'm using Zoom for some students who prefer remote lessons, but hate the wildly variable volume levels that result from going between playing and talking*, and the time lag. I've never used Forte, but based on their description, it sounds great.

Thanks!

* Yes, I have adjusted my audio settings for this, and have asked students to also, but some are more comfortable doing that than others, and it's not great even if with their optimized setup. Also, given that they seem to update every other day, and they seem to go back to audio defaults every time, it'd be nice not to waste lesson time fooling around with that.
Steve A
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second try.
Mike Prestage
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never tried Forte but I've found Skype much more consistently effective than Zoom for coping with the widely varying sound levels in brass lessons. (Zoom has more audio settings but they're not always that helpful in reality!)

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: