• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Curry 5C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricealumni95

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Curry 5C Reply with quote

Anyone have a scan of the Curry 5c? I didn’t see it listed in the Comparator.

While I’m on the subject , anyone with experience on the Curry 5C Vs the Pickett 5C as far as rim comfort. Cup as deep as an Bach? Backbore ? Any other analysis is welcome !
O00Joe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Curry 5C and a Pickett 5C/#CS/25 so I can only speak of the the rim and cup.

Im not a computer so these are just my impressions. The rim diameters feel pretty much the same, the Pickett's diameter might be a tiny bit smaller, the Curry has more bite whereas the Pickett rim feels completely rounded and smooth, the Curry's cup seems ever so slightly deeper, the Pickett has a slightly less distinct bowl shape and seems to melt into the bore more but that could be related to the larger bore size, the rim itself on the Curry feels slightly thinner. Other than all that they are remarkably similar.

Overall I prefer Curry's version of the 5C but my Pickett has the #CS/25 back end for C trumpet so I actually use it for commercial stuff on C trumpet. I use a big letter VINCENT BACH 5C on Bb trumpet which, par for the course when it comes to Bach, is unlike any other 5C I've ever encountered. A friend who tried it says it feels to them like a Bach 1.5C with a smaller diameter. To me it seems like the mouthpiece couldn't decide if it wanted to be a 5B or a 5C and got stuck somewhere inbetween.
Akai MPC Live II
Roland JD-Xi
Casio MT-68
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: