• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Has anyone played a Rudy Muck trumpet made from Bach parts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject: Has anyone played a Rudy Muck trumpet made from Bach parts? Reply with quote

I am thinking about trading for one of these, but I have no idea what I am getting. Planning on trading a Getzen large bore 900 Bobby Herriot model that is a nice horn, but doesn't suit me.
F.E. Olds Nut
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rudy Muck horns with look like Bachs do not have a Bach valve section. It appears many of those early ones had Blessing valve sections. Other telltale Blessing parts are the mouthpiece receivers and water key components
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It looked like a Blessing valve section. How do they play?
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It looked like a Blessing valve section. How do they play?
sounds7
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 3 different RM citations. I had one that was much better than the other two. They played bit tight for my liking but then again I feel that way about many old Bachs as well. It played brighter than I expected but with great intonation and tone. I made a video playing it so I will have to look for it so you can hear it. It was was nice to be able to try that many of them because they are somewhat rare.

found it

Link

Link

47 Martin Committee #3
Buescher lightweight 400 228
Buescher lightweight 400 217
Taylor/Harrelson/MAW
Warburton model 235
Stomvi Mambo #5
Conn constellation 38a cor.
Courtois 301 Orchestra C
Yamaha Custom 9830 pic
Yamaha 731 /Harrelson mod
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Goby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rudy Muck Citations (NY Bach clones) are actually pretty similar to a Blessing Super Artist. Both have a pretty heavy bell, and I assume all the parts for Muck were being made by Blessing. I don't think they're particularly NY Bach-like other than aesthetics. They're nice vintage horns and are great for jazz if you're into that 50's bebop sound.
Irving
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Rudy Muck. It had an engraving of a map of the USA on the bell. I bought it in a pawn shop because it looked just like a NY Bach. I didn't think it was particularly good. It sounds like you would be getting the short end of the stick if you traded for a Getzen. BTW, is your Getzen the model that has an uplifted bell? If you don't like it for that reason you could always put a regular bell on it. Anyway, if I were in your position I would want to try the RM before committing to a trade.
SilverSpunk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the horn first, I remember the one I played had a bit more resistance, almost like some of the NY Bachs.

If you weren't aware, the Steve Dillard has done a video on these horns recently,

Link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: