• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Adams A5 vs Yamaha 8310 Z ?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bebop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:42 am    Post subject: Adams A5 or Yamaha Z Reply with quote

I just bought an Adams A5 in lacquer. I really like this horn! I have played and owned way to many horns. But, I will keep this horn. What I like is that is keeps it's core of sound even when playing at PP. I love the feel of the valves with the flat valve caps. I have smaller hands and the horn fits me well. Not, like the other Adams I have owned A4 SC and A1 (gen1). I am playing a Bach 3C on the horn and it seems to cut well and project great. The horn will open up and take your air when going above the staff and doesn't feel tight up high like the Shew. I also own a A2 and the A5 responds much faster. So, fast lines feel easier on the A5 than the A2. I also like that I can still cut with a deeper mouthpiece. Some horns just get to dark sounding with a deeper piece.
mr oakmount
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: A5 short demos Reply with quote

[quote]Thanks for this, sounds really good, I like it
Btw, are you a trekkie?[/quote]

Thanks a lot. Well, I don't wear a Starfleet uniform or speak Klingon, but I appreciate the general philosophy and story telling as well as the film scoring, be it TV or movie.

I am however the biggest Jerry Goldsmith fan. Star Trek (1979) is a brilliant score. (I would usually play most Goldsmith on my Bach 229 though. I just wanted to make the point that the A5 is not just for "commercial".)
Franzizzle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Could finally somebody get his/her hands on both instruments? I would also be interested in a comparison too. Just got an Adams A5 and am really pleased with the resistance the horn offers. It feels quite open though and has a great response. Will use it for BigBand work.

I could not test the 8310z but am very curious about it!
Hub Van Laar Oiram Ack
Adams A5
Bach 72H
Benge 3X LA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: