• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Maurice Murphy Equipment Changes?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr oakmount
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for me for a reset ...

I started this thread out of curiosity, but I think I got down the lane of too much detail and small technicalities.

The important thing is that Maurice Murphy was an amazing musician who had, at least for me, a totally distinctive sound and a way of phrasing that will follow me forever. I still love these moments when, for instance, I hear a random radio broadcast or find an old film score recording that I had not connected to London or the LSO, and suddenly I hear a trumpet and realize, “That’s him!”

After his death, the LSO set up this site to remember him.
Distinguished trumpeters from all over the world wrote about what he had meant to them, and soon the anecdotes and stories came in. I can think of few obituaries that made me laugh out loud so often.

If you don’t know it, here it is. Thanks for the information and opinions given … and also for setting my head straight from time to time

https://lso.co.uk/more/news/117-maurice-murphy.html?showall=&start=1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: