• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Teacher in Chicago

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mythopoeic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject: Teacher in Chicago Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a TCE/Superchops teacher near University of Chicago? My student will be starting there in the fall.
zaferis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems like a very specific, "helicopter parent" request -I want my student to go on and study with someone that teaches exactly like I want or I do...
I'm sure the University has many excellent instructors connected in some way, and there is more than one way to skin a cat - or to progress with trumpet.

...For the life of me I can't think of any world-class musical things in the Chicago area.. (JOKE !)

- a task for the student to seek out opportunities -
Retired Air Force Bandsman
mythopoeic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaferis, thanks for your remark. He asked me for a Callet teacher.
Forte
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaferis wrote:
That seems like a very specific, "helicopter parent" request -I want my student to go on and study with someone that teaches exactly like I want or I do...
I'm sure the University has many excellent instructors connected in some way, and there is more than one way to skin a cat - or to progress with trumpet.

...For the life of me I can't think of any world-class musical things in the Chicago area.. (JOKE !)

- a task for the student to seek out opportunities -

I'm curious too. Know any Callet instructors in the Chicago area?
tomba51
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Nick Drozdoff https://www.nickdrozdoff.com/teaching is in Chicago, and that he is now doing the Callet method, as taught by one of Callet's proteges, Ralph Salamone.

Here's a quote from Drozdoff's blog, https://www.nickdrozdoff.com/post/the-last-17-months

Ralph Salamone True Power Trumpet Fitness:

I saved the most significant for me for last. I am actually studying with Ralph. I take two lessons a month and a few days after each lesson, I do a short follow up.

Ralph’s system is very much based on the teachings of Jerry Callet. He is a protégé’s of Jerry. He has HUNDREDS of videos on his Youtube channel and on virtually ALL of them he picks up his horn and just goes running up to double high C and beyond. He can do it stone cold and every day.

Also, as a teacher he is a perfect combination of being relentlessly positive and yet not mollycoddling his students. If you do anything wrong, he will just shut you down and make you fix the tongue position with spit buzzing.
mythopoeic
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely forgot that Nick live out there. Thank you for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: