• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brass Embouchure Pedagogy Zoom Hang

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilktone
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: Brass Embouchure Pedagogy Zoom Hang Reply with quote

Back when the pandemic lockdown was happening I put together a couple of Zoom hangouts to discuss brass embouchure pedagogy. If there is enough interest during the first week of April, when I'm on spring break from one of the schools I teach at, I'll put together another.

This is a free workshop where I would go over some basic brass embouchure principles and discuss the pedagogical implications of what we know about brass embouchure form and function. It would be interactive, so folks can ask questions and we can also take a look at some of the participants embouchures and discuss the characteristics we see and ways to help reinforce the musicians' strengths and make corrections.

If you're interested, please take my survey here and let me know all the days/times you'd be available to join. I'll try to find a date that fits most of the interested folks' schedules.

Dave
Wilktone
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're trying to take the survey my web site is currently down. I'm working to get it back up as quickly as possible. If you want to just reach out to me directly via a PM or email, here are the possible days/times for the Zoom hangout. All times are Eastern.

4/1/23 10 AM
4/1/23 1 PM
4/1/23 6 PM
4/3/23 10 AM
4/3/23 1 PM
4/3/23 6 PM
4/4/23 10 AM
4/4/23 1 PM
4/4/23 6 PM
4/5/23 10 AM
4/5/23 1 PM
4/6/23 10 AM
4/6/23 1 PM
4/7/23 10 AM
4/7/23 1 PM
4/7/23 6 PM
Wilktone
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my web site content migrated over to the new host, so the survey is back online.

https://wilktone.com/?p=7303

If you already took the survey before it went down or contacted me directly about it you don't need to take it again, I've got your preferred days/times recorded.
Wilktone
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a couple of days/times that tied, so I arbitrarily picked the one I liked best. The Zoom hangout will happen on Tuesday, April 4 at 1 PM Eastern. If you want to be a part of it please go to the following site and send me a message using the contact form there. I will send you the Zoom link to that email address, probably a day earlier.

https://wilktone.com/?p=8031

If you have any specific questions you hope to address during the hangout please post them here or put them in your message in the contact form.

Dave
Wilktone
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've already contacted me about tomorrow's embouchure Zoom hangout I have just sent out emails with the Zoom link. If you didn't get it, please reach back out to me and I'll try sending it again. If you are interested but didn't already contact me about it you can always reach out to me and I'll send you the Zoom link by tomorrow.

https://wilktone.com/?page_id=192

Looking forward to seeing many of you tomorrow!

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: