• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Marcus Bonna case with wheels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lipshurt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:14 am    Post subject: Marcus Bonna case with wheels Reply with quote

So i was looking for good trpt and flugel case with wheels and could not get a GARD brand cuz none available. I ordered a MArcus Bonna triple/trp-flugel case from chuck levin’s for a whopping $579 bucks, and was hoping for the best. I have been usuing a “Nunak” brand pelican style case for the last ten years, with the insides imported from from a cheap proTec case. It served me week, but the insides are wearing out, and the wheels are noisy.

The Marcus Bonna case is simple not very good. The materials are cheap, and the design is lazy. It says “do not lift case by the T handle”…. Wow…that’s because the T handle is cheap, and it’s zippered onto the case. It’s a wobbly stick that is barely even attached to the case. I was coming to work today and from the parking lot to my rehearsal room there is a curb that i typically lift the case over. It almost pulled the case apart. Wow, $579, quality lower than a protec. I’m gonna give it a try but I’m not expecting much. Ouch
www.youtube.com/lipshurt
Larry Larson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked on MusiciansFriend.com for you, and they seem to have the one In Stock that I purchased from them last year. I LOVE this bag - well built, lots of room for mutes/accessories, movable dividers for horns. I have one of Guido Bassos old flugelhorns that has an added 4th valve configuration that does not fit any other kind of hard case, so this was ideal for me. I would highly recommend this bag, so good luck! The price is considerably nicer than what it sounds like you paid as well.
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gard-compact-triple-trumpet-wheelie/j26024000001000?rNtt=gard%20trumpet%20bag&index=17
lipshurt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i checked around with all the places, and nobody has the Gard trumpet/flugel case. Your link is for a trumpet case
www.youtube.com/lipshurt
abontrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll always take the opportunity to warn against Marcus Bona. ProTec is a significantly better case by comparison. Perhaps even a gig bag is a better/more protective case.
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, this is disappointing to hear about MB cases. I got a nice used 2.5 tpt case a few months ago, which works well, but it's not leather and has no wheels, so I guess I'm safe there.

I did a search on Music & Arts for "gard wheelie" and got several results.
bixtone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Doug. I used that Gard case for a couple of years and one thing I ran into was that the case is a little too long (tall) to fit normally in some airplane overhead bins. You have to turn it sideways with the top telescoping handle facing the front or back of the plane. Then somebody always turns it around to fit their bag in and then the bin won't close and they try to check your bag which is a bad idea since it's a soft case. This was about 6-7 years ago so maybe the newer bags fit better but if you do end up getting a Gard case and plan on flying with that case I would definitely be wary of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: