• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Shires 6F/6MS8 Eb/D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trpsamuelwang

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 am    Post subject: Shires 6F/6MS8 Eb/D Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I have tried Shires high trumpets and I was really impressed about them!
Their Eb/D have two options—— 6F and 6MS8(Both ML 459 bore,tunable bell)
I think the only difference between these two is the bell.
6F Bells: 4 13⁄16 inch, interchangeable, one-piece, hand-hammered, tunable "6" (centered) tapers in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and French beads
6MS8 Bells: 4 13⁄16 inch, interchangeable, one-piece, hand-hammered, tunable "6" (centered) tapers in medium-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seams and steel beads

I have tried many Eb/D including Schilke E3L,E3L4,Yamaha 9610,9636,Melk Conversion Bach Eb with 229 bells,Larson Eb/D(similar to 9636 but with 453 bore)

E3L is nice to play Haydn or Hummel,and D side can play Ravel Piano Concerto or Pulcinella but if you want to use it for loud stuffs in orchestra,I found it hard to be heard in orchestra.

Another good question is that Eb/D,fixed bell or tunable bell?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: