• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Gansch Horn Case

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zack_Mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject: Gansch Horn Case Reply with quote

Hey Gansch Horn owners. I was curious what kind of case you can use with a Gansch horn. I recently ordered one, and I ordered a Schagerl case with it, but I was wondering what other brand cases work. Thanks!
AV Trumpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine fits in my Torpedo Bag.
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about this too. They have a variety of funky shaped trumpets. Do they all require custom cases? Why aren't cases included with the horn?
jhellerstein

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Ganschhorn-like Schlub TARV. It came in a torpedo case, which fit fine. I don't love yanking my horn out of a torpedo case by the bell, though. And on my old torpedo, the interior fabric would catch on the finger hooks (on all my horns.) I think they're better now, but I don't use one anymore.

For a while I had a Marcus Bonna Compact Triple. That's a nice-sized, flexible compact case. See my review with photos of the TARV in there: https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157398&sid=4972b1a48057484cde90d954de0d73b3. Not cheap; I got mine on a closeout sale, but eventually sold it.

The Edwards case is adjustable and the TARV fits nicely. There's a nice adjustable rubber block at the bell bow that can be moved to accommodate the TARV's bend. It's also not so cheap; I got mine used. https://store.edwards-instruments.com/product/single-trumpet-case. Unlike the Bonna compact triple, there's not a lot of room left over for mutes, etc.

In terms of gig bags, the Superfine Cases bag works great for the TARV and the leather is thick and well structured -- in the tradition of the old Reunion Blues and Cronkite bags, maybe even more sturdy. There's a used one for sale in the Marketplace right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: