• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

S-Mute Removable Cork Adapter Project: Community Involvement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan.Sobieralski
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject: S-Mute Removable Cork Adapter Project: Community Involvement Reply with quote

Hello TH members,

I am working on a conversion kit concept, where you can convert other mutes to using my removable cork system. Currently, I have a kit available for the ubiquitous Dennis Wick Cup Mute. I would like to expand from this and offer kits that would fit many other in-demand mutes. Below is what it would look like:

https://s-mute.com/products/quick-change-cork-adapters-for-other-mutes

Here is what I would like to offer:

If you have a mute you would like to see this feature on (straight or cup), you can send it to me and I will design the adapter for it and send it back to you with the adapter installed and a set of corks Your only cost is the cost of shipping the mute to me, I will cover return shipping. The adapter, corks, and installation are free to you for letting me borrow your mute. Be advised this process will require me to remove the corks currently installed and I will epoxy the adapter to the mute, so it is more or less a permanent modification.

Requirements/Limitations:

1) It must be a mute that is currently in production and suitable for an adapter. Some mutes are very wide where the corks attach and can not be converted (like the dennis wick straight).

2) Post in this thread the mute make/model you are claiming.

3) Located in the USA (due to shipping costs).

4) One slot per mute make/model, first come first serve, limit 2 individual mutes per member.

5) Lead time is TBD depending on the response to this.

Any questions feel free to reach out!

Spoken for/already converted:

Dennis Wick Cup
Mutec Straight
Soulo Straight
TrumCor Straight
MuteMeister Cup

Pics of completed adapters installed:

Department of Music (Trumpet)
California State University, Fresno

Last edited by Nathan.Sobieralski on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can send you Mutec, Soulo and TrumCor straight mutes, and a MuteMeister cup mute. Thanks!
Nathan.Sobieralski
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayton wrote:
I can send you Mutec, Soulo and TrumCor straight mutes, and a MuteMeister cup mute. Thanks!

Awesome, thanks. I have you marked down.
Nathan.Sobieralski
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Thanks to all who have helped out with this project. The first batch of removable cork adapters is completed:

https://s-mute.com/products/quick-change-cork-adapters-for-other-mutes

If there is a current production mute you would like to see an adapter for, please get in touch.
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using a TrumCor straight mute and a Soulo straight mute with the adapters for the past few days. I'm really impressed.

It is easy to slide the corks on and off of the adapter. Once they are in place they are quite secure, and it is easy to insert the mute into the bell -- where it remains securely -- and just as easy to remove the mute from the bell.

For both these mutes, low F# slots well with all four cork thicknesses on my Bach 19043 and my Getzen 900DLX. That means you can get (at least) four distinct sounds out of each mute. That offers a lot of versatility from a single straight mute.

I'll post again once I've had a chance to use the adapted mutes in a section and try them on other horns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: