• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

RIP Eric Bolvin (EBjazz)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Devil
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject: RIP Eric Bolvin (EBjazz) Reply with quote

I was very sad to hear of the passing of Eric Bolvin (User Name: EBjazz here), on May 16, 2023. He was a trumpet player/teacher/composer/arranger/author in the San Francisco Bay Area, and posted here on Trumpet Herald. He was a student of Claude Gordon’s and contributed to this Claude Gordon forum. Undoubtedly posters here will have known Eric a lot better than myself, but I used to buy charts for a horn band that I was in back in the day from Eric, and talked to him on a number of occasions. His charts were always great, and he was genuinely a good guy. I even remember him throwing in charts for free when I would order from him, because I was a repeat customer. I recently became friends with him on Facebook, and then saw the posting about his passing. Thought people here would want to know. Here is what was posted on Facebook, which is a copy of his obituary:

Eric Bolvin, age 62, passed away on May 16, 2023 in Campbell, CA. He was an award-winning musician and composer, and a well-known and respected teacher and publisher of educational books. Eric's career in music spanned four decades and he recorded on over 50 CDs.Eric received his Bachelor's degree in music from San Jose State University. He is survived by his sisters, Noelle Arce and Paula Chamberlin, and seven nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, Robert Carlomagno and Debora Bolvin. He will be deeply missed by his friends, family, and colleagues.
mattdalton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162304 is another post on Eric’s passing. He certainly will be missed.
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! Eric was a wonderful person and contributed and gave much to the trumpet community. I never met him in person but I always treasured my friendship with him. He was one heck of a great jazz trumpet player. And a good person.

Sincerely,

John Mohan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: