• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

ITG 2023

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should ITG be continued ?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Mr. Jones

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:44 pm    Post subject: ITG 2023 Reply with quote

I attended this week's International Trumpet Guild event with high hopes for an exceptional experience, and while I appreciate the efforts put into organizing the event, I can't help but hope for better artists and overall organization in the future.

Looking ahead to next year's edition, I truly hope that the event organizers strive to curate a lineup of outstanding artists who can truly captivate and inspire the attendees. By inviting renowned trumpet players and ensembles from various musical genres and backgrounds, the event can offer a more diverse and exciting program that appeals to a wider range of trumpet enthusiasts.

Additionally, I believe that a more streamlined and organized approach to scheduling and logistics could greatly enhance the overall experience. Clear and efficient communication, well-managed performance venues, and a thoughtfully designed event layout can contribute to a more seamless and enjoyable event for everyone involved.

Now, on a lighter note, I'm curious to know what everyone bought during the show! Attending events like the International Trumpet Guild often presents opportunities to explore and purchase various trumpet-related merchandise, such as sheet music, accessories, and even new instruments. Did you happen to find any exciting purchases or come across any interesting items during the event?

Bb Bach 37, Pre-Strike
Bach 5B, Gold Rim, 24 Backbore
Kanstul Flugelhorn, 1525,Bach 7C Flugel Mouthpiece
noamiller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr. Jones,

Could you specify what experience you were looking for? ITG is an excellent way to share new works for trumpet, recent research, pedagogy, literature, latest products etc. As well as a major networking event.
I wasn't able to go this year, but the artist line up was exceptional so I am not sure what kind of artists you have in mind. Generally ITG has concerts/recitals within the Jazz, Classical, and Contemporary genres. Was there a specific genre of trumpet playing that was missing for you?
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in what was "lacking", too.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:37 am    Post subject: ITG 2023 Reply with quote

Mr. Jones,
You wrote this Friday, late afternoon...Mind you, I did not look at the program for the rest of the weekend, but it looks like you are basing your judgment without a complete experience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: