• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Moderators!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All:

John Urness and Don Herman have graciously agreed to co-moderate the Chicago forum! A public 'thanks' is in order from us. We hope everyone will give them a warm welcome.

This is a really important forum for this site - it deals with some of the most important and influential thought related to brass playing in the United States, and abroad. Thanks guys!

Editor
screamertrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! Sounds good.
Welcome Mr. Herman and Mr. Urness. I'm excited to hear some great stuff from you guys.
Congrats,
Trevor
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

YOU TWO GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!!

Anyone who takes on the taxing and time-consuming task of being a forum moderator faces flames, attacks and lots of other unpleasant things. YOU TWO GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!!

Anyone who takes on the task of being a forum moderator loses much time with loved ones trying to help others. YOU TWO GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!!

Anyone who takes on the task of being a forum moderator receives a lot more gripes than "thanks." YOU TWO GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!!

Anyone who takes on the task of being a forum moderator doesn't make a penny for their efforts.

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!!

Thanks for being "crazy." It is a blessing to have you two "nuts" step forward for the "slaughter." You bring warmth, openness and fairness to the Chicago forum that will cause it to grow and be more "friendly" for SC nuts like me and others with various contrasting ideas to "visit!"

We can all learn from each other some valuable tips that will benefit each person's playing and I really look forward to beginning to visit your forum.

I don't know John, but I consider fellow "Wild Thang'er" Don as a good cyber-friend. Best wishes guys . . . the readers are blessed to have you two "Wild" and "Crazy" Guys on board!!!

Warmest regards and best wishes and prayers,

Tom Turner
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Guess the cat's out the bag. (One more reason I like dogs! ) I'm very excited to have John's expertise and breadth to share -- and to help keep me on track! We both have simply insane schedules this weekend, but John (or I) will be posting a backgrounder on us for you next week. We're just starting to generate ideas and compare notes for forum direction and guidelines. For now, let me just say I really appreciate the support of my TH friends and am excited to be joining the working ranks. Hopefully as Co-Moderator I'll be able to do a little something in return for all the great advice, thoughtful discussions, and good friends I've made through the past several years of hangin' on the Trumpet Herald.

Stay tuned - Don (Wild and now Crazy, too!)
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....the poisoned chalice has been sipped by these two misfortunate misguided souls....lost now forever in a maelstrom of turmoil and anxiety!!!

...oh yeh..thanks!

Roddy o-iii<O

"E M B O U C H U R E___E N H A N C E M E N T"
BOOK 1 also... BOOK 2 + demo CD

[Self Analysis and Diagnostic Trumpet Method]
dales
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choices, and good luck, you guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: