• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Hello from your new moderators!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johntpt
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Chicago forum! First a big apology for not doing this sooner. I've had quite a week - Petrouchka last Friday and Sunday, a world premeire avant-garde Magnificat last Saturday, a Brandenburg on Tuesday, and another regular orchestra week this week. Today and tomorrow I should have some more time to post, so here it goes.

Don and I are very pleased to be co-moderating this exciting forum. Most of us feel some connection to "Chicago" whether it's through recordings, teachers, hearing the Chicago Symphony live, or perhaps through the Chicago jazz scene. Many brass players have been lucky enough to live in Chicago and experience it all first hand. Certainly it would be understatement to say that the musical life of Chicago has had an important influence, direct or indirect, on nearly every American brass player for several generations. This forum is for discussing this influence in any aspect you care to mention.

We are looking at this as an opportunity for ALL to learn as much as we can and share all ideas, viewpoints, and experiences. Everyone should feel free to post as much as possible. More posts = more participants = more ideas = more to think about etc, etc.

Soon we'll be posting our background information and let's get the posts rolling!

John Urness

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you both on board. From your previous posts I am sure we will all benefit from your experience, and knowledge. Thanks in advance to you and Don.
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, indeed! For the rest -- what John said!

My week was as busy, but not nearly as musical -- baseball coaching, Scout Cubmaster, soccer and track meets, all with the kids, moving at work (to a new building, closer to home but further from my teacher) -- and one practice, last night, plus a little time in the truck over lunch!

I'm really looking forward to moving the Chicago School into everybody's life, at least a little bit, and learning from all the rest of you -- and especially from John, who seems to have an incredible breadth and depth of knowledge.

Song and Wind, Song and Wind... - Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Chicago School All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: